When you buy CBD oils and products you read the label carefully to make sure of the quality and origin, of course. The best CBD oil is undoubtedly the one that will clearly show all the elements of its manufacture and allow you to make an informed choice.
The term "THC free" or "THC-free" often appears on the packaging of a CBD oil, for example. CBD and THC are cannabinoids that resemble those produced naturally by our bodies. Their chemical composition allows them to connect to the receptors of our endocannabinoid system, thus acting directly on our body. However, in spite of their apparent similarity, CBD and THC have important differences in their action, which is why it is necessary to identify them at the time of purchase.
A brief overview of CBD and THC
Both CBD and THC are extracted from hemp and are almost identical in their molecular structure. They are composed of 30 hydrogen atoms, 21 carbon atoms and 2 oxygen atoms. However, these atoms are arranged differently, which means that they ultimately have different properties.
CBD stands for cannabidiol. It is one of more than 100 cannabinoids in hemp discovered and synthesised by scientists. CBD is non-toxic, which means that it will not have a psychoactive effect. Cannabidiol is also known to have an effective action on bide-behaviour and the maintenance of health.
As for THC, it is the compound responsible for the euphoric, analgesic and stimulating effects of cannabis consumption. THC makes the user high and can be toxic.
Here are the most important differences between CBD and THC:
- will not make you high
- does not present an addiction or public danger
- works on more than 60 molecular pathways, but it does not bind directly to any of the cannabinoid receptors.
- signals the body to produce and maintain higher levels of its own endocannabinoids.
- can block the psychoactive effects of THC.
- has medical, health and wellness benefits
- does not cause toxicity at any dose level
- is safe for animals
- is used as a food supplement, e.g. in CBD oil
- is psychoactive
- is toxic
- is addictive
- binds to cannabinoid receptors and uses neurotransmitters to send signals to the brain.
- can only be extracted from marijuana.
When buying CBD oil, make sure it is THC-free to get the most out of CBD for your health and well-being.
The information and products presented on this site are not intended for medical use. Always seek the advice of a doctor if you have any questions about a health problem.