Nutritional benefits of CBD.
A regular intake of vitamins and minerals is necessary to maintain the balance of our body. This is why health professionals recommend regular consumption of fruits and vegetables. Like fresh and natural products, CBD plays an important role in the fight against free radicals responsible for the decline of our immune system. Just add it to a balanced diet and you'll quickly feel its benefits. But how does it work exactly?
The balancing effect of CBD
A study conducted by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services* (HHS) on the use of cannabinoids as antioxidants has shown that they easily penetrate the blood-brain barrier, unlike other antioxidants. Therefore, CBD acts in an unconventional way and could have a beneficial action in neurodegenerative conditions. The experiment also allowed researchers to discover that CBD belongs to a new class of compounds that prevent oxidative stress and that its antioxidant capacities are similar to vitamin C!
List of essential vitamins & minerals found in CBD
CBD is a valuable ally for a healthy and complete diet. Nutrients obtained from a daily use of CBD are essential for the proper functioning of body and mind. CBD oil contains vitamins and minerals such as :
- Proteins: necessary for the structure, function and regulation of the body's tissues and organs. CBD provides 20 amino acids, 9 of which the body cannot produce on its own.
- Fibre: lowers cholesterol and improves blood sugar levels. A diet high in fibre may also reduce the risk of colon cancer.
- Essential fatty acids: Full spectrum CBD oil is a source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which play an important role in the production of hormones that regulate the inflammation and contraction of the arteries. They also lower blood triglyceride levels to reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Vitamin A: essential for the growth and development of the heart, lungs and kidneys.
- Vitamin C: important for collagen formation and support of immune function.
- Vitamin E: beneficial for the prevention of various types of cancer.
- Vitamin B: effective against digestive problems, migraines, blood disorders and certain eye diseases.
- Iron: essential for blood production, it ensures the efficient transfer of oxygen from the lungs to the tissues.
- Beta-carotene: slows down macular degeneration.
- Zinc: crucial for the proper functioning of the immune system.
- Potassium: a key nutrient to ensure that your nerves and muscles function properly. It also reduces the risk of high blood pressure, heart disease and stroke.
- Calcium: improves the strength of bones and teeth and reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
- Selenium: a powerful antioxidant, selenium appears only in trace amounts in foods in general.
- Phosphorus: which manages storage and use of energy.
- Manganese: which plays an important role in the production of bone and connective tissue and in the regulation of blood sugar levels.
- Magnesium: reduces inflammation associated with heart disease and diabetes.
- Flavonoids: antiviral, anticancer and anti-inflammatory drugs, they can also prevent heart disease and stroke.
CBD has undeniable and proven nutritional benefits. Its daily consumption in the form of oil or food supplements can provide us with the nutritional elements necessary to maintain a good health.
* Study on cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectors - 1999
The information and products presented on this site are not intended for medical use. Always seek the advice of a doctor if you have any questions about a health problem.